用VIA+NVidia卡+WinXP會infinite loop藍色畫面的人請看看

顯示結果從第 1 筆 到 3 筆,共計 3 筆
    進階會員 OSCAR767676 的大頭照
    註冊日期
    2002-01-29
    討論區文章

用VIA+NVidia卡+WinXP會infinite loop藍色畫面的人請看看

最近我在GURU3D看到一個修正檔,有點舊,但是好像是修正infinite loop的問題的。請到 ftp://files.realgn.com/pub/mirrors/g...st_driver1.zip 下載看看。在上面的說明大致如下:
    BETA patch for XP, GeForce infinite loop
    This patch has to go through more testing in Taiwan from several departments before it is released officially and in fact will probably end up being a silent install patch in the next version of the 4in1 drivers ?that is if further rigorous testing proves that it is in fact a fix to this issue. If you choose to install this patch on your computer, you do so at your own risk and full responsibility yourself. Speaking frankly, normally new fixes, patchs, drivers and the like are never released beta to the public.
    So what does it do? It closes the RX55 memory register in BIOS. The RX55 register's official name and function is Memory Write Queue (MWQ) timer. The MWQ timer is actually a timing device included in the memory host controller to prevent write data being held in the memory queue too long. After the data has been in the queue too long it times out. This timed out data is then given a higher write request priority. Now that might sound nice ?a bit of extra performance BUT the procedure fails when overloaded. 3D games and Win XP put too much load on the memory queuing timer procedure. The nVidia new driver exaggerates the problem even more as the driver enables nVidia cards to use even more memory than previous driver versions.

So in a nutshell its a memory timing problem that only happens when the RX55 register is opened. Some motherboard manufacturers have already released new BIOS that have the register closed. In other instances, this patch is needed.

One thing I have noticed is that I think some people in are confusing one issue with the issue that I am referring to here. Symptoms I am talking about are the infinite loop error, dropping to desktop in 3D games or spontaneous reboot in 3D games. What I strongly suggest is that you try these trouble shooting suggestions before trying the patch:

- Load optimized defaults in your BIOS and do not modify memory settings
    - set your memory settings in the BIOS less aggressively and test
    - make sure you have an adequate power supply
    - update your BIOS and test
    - disable or enable AGP fast write and test (this has worked for some people)

The reason that I make these suggestions is that I think some people are confusing general instability because their systems are being pushed to the max, with this error. For example, if you have a 250watt power supply, 128mb RAM and have all your memory settings at max then you may be asking for trouble ?the symptoms may be similar to this issue but its not the same. If you still get the issue after gong through these suggestions then try the beta patch (if you want to ?remember it is BETA.)

裡面有說到,這蠻重要的。說:在裝此安裝修正檔前,請先在BIOS裡讀取出廠預設值,不要使用記憶體最佳化。 確定電源供應器足夠供應需求的瓦數。 把AGP快寫開啟和關閉試試,可從BIOS或NVMax軟體最調整。我覺得蠻有理的,自從我把記憶體SPD關掉加上CL值調成3,又加上我的主機板本來就不支援AGP快寫功能,現在已經很難 當機了。所以請大家試試看有否改善。還有這安裝程式是可以移除的(新增移除程式),不過它是BETA版的,使用後必須自己負責!
    詳細請到 http://www.guru3d.com 看看!
    如果還是不行,其實XP內建的驅動程式是雷管12.40版,但是功能不完整,請到GURU3D下載12.40版雷管或是16.30版(聽說蠻穩的)。

測試環境:
    P3-733
    MS-6309 NB:694X
    CL=2 to 3 PC-133 256MB SDRAM
    Windows XP Professional
    Nvidia GeForce 2 MX
    Detonator 27.70 Beta

進階會員
    註冊日期
    2001-03-12